All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the perfect reference for the multitasked SysAdmin. The Microsoft Windows Vista operating system offers several changes and improvements over its predecessors. It t only brings a new and redesigned interface, but also improves on many administrative utilities and management consoles. It also enhances the system's reliability, performance, and problem-solving tools. As administrators, Vista will sometimes look like its predecessor, Windows XP, and at other times, look like an all-new operating system. How to Cheat will help you get Vista up and running as quickly and safely as possible and provide you with a solid idea of all the important changes and improvements the new Microsoft Vista OS has to offer. In the book you will: automate Windows Vista installation. See how Windows installations can be automated for large-scale deployments using the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK). Install and maintain devices - Windows Vista contains device drivers for hundreds of PnP devices, and the Device Manager snap-in is the main utility on a local computer for managing them. Customize appearances, taskbars, and toolbars - see how to use a personalization page, use the taskbar, and customize desktop themes. Manage file system formats, partitions, and volumes - learn how Windows Vista supports basic and dynamic volumes and two partition styles: MBR and GPT. Increase file system performance - learn how using tools such as disk defragging, cluster size adjustment, removing short filename support, and compression can help with performance. Administer via remote - Remote desktop and Windows Firewall can help administrators perform administrative tasks on remote computers. Managing services - the services utility allows you to view the status of services, as well as to disable nessential services. Configure TCP/IP in Vista - see how to configure TCP/IP (both IPv4 and IPv6) via the user interface or via the netsh command. See what's new with Wireless in Vista - understand wireless security and learn how to install a wireless network. Optimize Windows Startup, the Hard Disk, and more - optimize memory, applications, and the network connection, and see how to monitor performance. The contents include: Introducing and Installing Microsoft Vista; Installing and Maintaining Hardware Devices and Drivers; Customizing Desktop Properties; Managing File Systems and Disks; General Administration Tasks; Managing Local Networking Essentials; Managing the Wireless World and Its Security; Managing Security Essentials; Securing User Access; Tuning for Better Performance; and Troubleshooting. The book provides the multi-tasked SysAdmin with the essential information needed to perform the daily tasks. It covers the major new release of Windows, which will create significant challenges for IT managers. It also emphasizes best-practice security measures.
- Author BiographyJan Kanclirz Jr. (CCIE #12136-Security, CCSP, CCNP, CCIP, CCNA, CCDA, INFOSEC Professional, Cisco WLAN Support/Design Specialist) is currently a Senior Network Information Security Architect at IBM Global Services. Jan specializes in multi vendor designs and post-sale implementations for several technologies such as VPNs, IPS/IDS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, content networking, wireless and VoIP. Beyond network designs and engineering Jan's background includes extensive experience with open source applications and Linux. Jan has contributed to several Syngress book titles: Managing and Securing Cisco SWAN, Practical VoIP Security and How to Cheat at Securing a Wireless Network. In addition to Jan's full-time position at IBM G.S., Jan runs a security portal www.MakeSecure.com, where he dedicates his time to security awareness and consulting. Jan lives in Colorado, where he enjoys outdoor adventures.
- Author(s)Jan Kanclirz
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/08/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleHow to Cheat
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.