All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best kwn Buddhist teachers on the planet all have something in common - they are excellent communicators. This is t by accident, as the Buddha taught what are called the four elements of right speech over 2,600 years ago. In this unique book, qualified meditation and mindfulness instructor, Cynthia Kane, has taken the four elements of right speech and developed them into a modern practice based on mindful listening, mindful speech and mindful silence. Beginning with an illuminating self-test to assess your current communication style, this book will take you through the author's own five-step practice that is designed to help you: * Listen to yourself (your internal and external words) * Listen to others * Speak consciously, concisely, and clearly * Regard silence as a part of speech * Meditate to enhance your communication skills If you have ever felt misheard, have trouble stating how you feel or long to have more meaningful and genuine conversations, this book can help. The simple steps outlined in this book will have a huge effect on how you communicate with others and yourself. Communication is essential to being human and when you become better at it, your personal truth becomes clearer, your relationships improve and the result is that you experience more peace and harmony in your life.
- Author BiographyCynthia Kane received her BA from Bard College and her MFA from Sarah Lawrence College. She has written for national and international publications including Yoga Journal, VegNews, Bridal Guide, BlackBook Magazine City Guides, Pregnancy, The Jerusalem Post and more. Online she has written for BBC Travel, Refinery29, Elite Daily, Role Reboot, Elephant Journal, Bustle and Everyday Feminism.
- Author(s)Cynthia Kane
- PublisherHierophant Publishing
- Date of Publication25/04/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintHierophant Publishing
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.