All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese easy-to-use guidebooks take the reader through every aspect of preparation and cooking. Skills are comprehensively explained and clearly illustrated with step-by-step photographs throughout, enabling the reader to identify the correct texture at every stage of the recipe. There are over 70 recipes in this book, taking in contemporary dishes from cuisines worldwide as well as great classics with a modern twist. This authoritative guide makes bread-making easy. Comprehensive, illustrated step-by-step guides cover all the essential techniques, from the initial mixing stage, through kneading, rising and kcking back the dough, to shaping and proving. In addition, there is plenty of useful information on choosing and handling the basic ingredients. Classic loaves, sourdoughs, enriched breads, sweet yeast breads and layered doughs are all featured. Recipes for traditional white, farmhouse, wholemeal and granary breads - and classic sourdoughs - are all featured, as well as glutenfree options. In addition there are lots of tempting flavoured breads, such as Apple cider bread, Mediterranean Parmesan tearing bread, Smoked paprika corn bread, Cheesy soda farls and Spiced chickpea flatbreads. Original sweet recipes include Banana and date brioche buns, Chocolate focaccia and Cherry almond croissants.
- Author BiographyLeiths School of Food and Wine in London has acquired a first-class, international reputation since it was founded by Prue Leith in 1975. Students come from all over the world to enjoy dedicated teaching in a friendly atmosphere. The aim is to teach cookery skills and instill a lasting love of good food and wine. Teaching staff are trained professional chefs, with experience in the real world of restaurants and commercial catering. In addition, renowned chefs and cookery writers regularly demonstrate and lecture at the School. Many students from Leiths have moved on to highly successful careers in the world of food and catering, but courses are not restricted to aspiring professional cooks. Over the years, Leiths has trained school leavers in need of a life skill, timepressed career individuals keen to ditch ready meals, newly weds, and parents looking for fresh inspiration for family meals. Leiths School of Food and Wine is now an independent company owned by Sir Christopher Bland. The managing Director is Camilla Schneideman. Leiths most recent book, Leiths How to Cook published by Quadrille in 2013, was described as 'the most comprehensive and solid kitchen bible you could wish for'.
- Author(s)Leith's School of Food and Wine
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleLeith's How to Cook
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Note100 colour photographs
- Width179 mm
- Height226 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.81
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.02
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.48
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $32.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.