All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWould you like to make the modules you teach more engaging? Do you want to deliver enjoyable and effective learning? Are you interested in a model that has been proven to work? Would you like to evaluate the quality of what you deliver?This book is key reading for university and further education tutors who want to engage and motivate their students, and create learning environments that cater for diversity whilst producing more successful outcomes. Based on experience, the author provides practical expertise on: Challenging the standard module structures Maximising attendance, enthusiasm and commitment without compromising quality Putting supported assessment and feedback at the heart of learning Providing appropriate support for all students Increasing self-esteem, confidence and independence in learning Evaluating the success of the moduleThe book has two sections - the first focuses on design, and the second on delivery and evaluation. It details practical ideas for seminars, lectures, assessment, feedback and student support that readers will be able to apply immediately to their own teaching practice. As such, the book provides key reading for all those interested in improving student learning and retention.
- Author BiographyDiana Medlicott was Professor of Teaching and Learning, and Reader in Crime and Penology, at Buckinghamshire New University, UK. She now writes and researches on a freelance basis.
- Author(s)Diana Medlicott
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Study Skills
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight269 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.