All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis much-needed resource helps trainers cut through the jungles of their own generational learning habits and clear a path to the emerging generations of learners. How to Design and Deliver Training for the New and Emerging Generation gives old-school trainers the tools they need to change their training style from linear to random access, trainer-centered to learner-centered, text-oriented to graphics-oriented, and so forth and accomplish this transition with ease. Author Susan El-Shamy, an international training expert, shows you how to create training sessions that will pick up the pace, increase interaction, link to the learner, offer options, and make learning fun. How to Design and Deliver Training for the New and Emerging Generations is an invative resource that: translates generational differences into strategies, techniques, and tips for designing and delivering training; describes five key needs of learners from the emerging generations; shows how to design and deliver training that meets the needs of younger learners; presents hundreds of engaging tips, tricks, and simple techniques; contains quotes and comments from the Nintendo generation of learners; presents user-friendly call-outs, checklists, and quick tips; and offers twenty invative games on a variety of topics designed to engage learners of all ages.
- Author BiographySusan El-Shamy is senior partner at Advancement Strategies, Inc., a training and development resource company in Bloomington, Indiana. For almost twenty years, El-Shamy has delivered training programs nationally and internationally for a variety of companies including Berlitz, Corning, GMAC, Mattel, Motorola, Prudential, and Thomson Consumer Electronics. She is a regular guest lecturer at the Indiana University School of Business and a frequent speaker at national training conferences.
- Author(s)Susan El-Shamy
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight675 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.