All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a step-by-step guide with 1000 illustrations. It offers expert techniques for creating your own cartoon and comic strip characters, with more than 60 exercises and projects. It is a comprehensive and detailed guide to drawing cartoons, suitable for both beginners as well as experienced artists. It presents an introduction to all the materials and equipment needed, with practical guidance on how and when to use them. It details all stages of the creative process, from developing original ideas and characters to completing a cartoon strip. This inspiring book provides a detailed guide to drawing your own cartoons. The first section, Materials and Methods, introduces traditional techniques. The second section, Drawing Characters, provides guidance on how to create figures and the third section, The Cartoon Environment, explains the importance of viewpoint, perspective, lighting, scale, focus and mood. The final section includes a range of projects which offer the opportunity to practise the disciplines you have learned, from portraying children and teenagers to creating a sinister narrative. Over 1000 amazing drawings and 60 step-by-step exercises show beginners how to build and develop their skills, and also how to polish their existing abilities and give shape to their creations.
- Author BiographyIvan Hissey studied design and illustration at Brighton University and the Royal College of Art, and has illustrated in a wide range of media for over 30 years. Curtis Tappenden is a professional painter and illustrator. He also works in the art department of The Mail On Sunday newspaper in London, and teaches on the National Diploma in Art and Design and Foundation courses at the University for the Creative Arts. Curtis has illustrated numerous books and has written over 15 of his own titles on art and design practice.
- Author(s)Curtis Tappenden,Ivan Hissey
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1000 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.62Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.