All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent claims by researchers and critics suggest that the demand for increasing the number of computers and telecommunications networks to schools and classrooms is coming from the nation's political and business sectors, and t from teachers and school practitioners. This book was written in response to these claims and suggests that answers to questions about how to successfully integrate and use techlogy can be found in programs that are currently underway. The recommendation to educational policymakers: create the conditions that encourage and support teachers to adapt techlogies and other tools in ways that respond to the unique needs of their communities, school requirements, and students' learning styles. The contributing authors describe the condition of their school or system and each identified the following: * Goals and objectives * Benefits to student learning and engagement * Favorable and/or unfavorable conditions that influence effectiveness * How techlogy and telecommunications can transform the delivery of education * The resources involved and how they are changing the way teachers, students, and their families are benefiting * The conditions necessary Will be of interest among a wide group of stakeholders in the field of education including state and local educational administrators and others involved in adapting and using learning techlogies and telecommunications services to improve and extend the quality of K-12 education throughout the nation.
- Author BiographyArthur D. Sheekey was a COMSI Fellow at the Office of Science and Technology Policy and at the FCC, Senior Associate at tile American Association for Higher Education, Senior Fellow at the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Area, and Resident Scholar at Stanford University's Graduate School of Education. He is a guest lecturer at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. He taught high school and junior high school science for five years in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Arthur D. Sheekey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/03/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight267 g
- Width146 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.