All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody kws that South Africa has an education crisis, despite the fact that the government spends the biggest slice of its budget on education, more than any other African country. And yet the crisis persists. Jansen and Blank looked at South African schools that work, in spite of adverse conditions - schools in poor communities, schools with overcrowded classrooms, schools in both rural and urban environments - and have drawn out the practical strategies that make them successful. 19 short films (included on DVD) let you visit these schools and understand in the words of their principals, teachers and learners what makes them succeed. Then take look at the 10 key strategies identified and see how to implement them in other schools to effect transformation. As we have come to expect from Jansen, there are complicated theories, difficult to implement solutions - just lots of common sense! Information on school improvement workshops and downloadable workshop templates.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jonathan Jansen is the rector of the University of the Free State, where he has earned a formidable reputation for transformation and for a deep commitment to reconciliation in communities living with the heritage of apartheid. He is an educationalist, a former Dean of Education at the University of Pretoria, who holds an impressive collection of degrees and awards, including the position as President of the South African Institute of Race Relations. He was born in the Western Cape, and has lived in various parts of South Africa and in the United States. He is married with two children. Professor Jonathan Jansen is die rektor van die Universiteit van die Vrystaat, waar hy 'n gedugte reputasie vir transformasie opgebou het, asook 'n diep verbintenis tot versoening in gemeenskappe wat met die erfenis van apartheid saamleef. Hy is 'n opvoedkundige, 'n Voormalige Dekaan van Opvoedkunde aan die Universiteit van Pretoria, en het 'n indrukwekkende versameling van grade en toekennings, waaronder die posisie as President van die Suid-Afrikaanse Instituut vir Rasseverhoudings. Hy is in die Wes-Kaap gebore, en het al in verskeie dele van Suid-Afrika en die Verenigde State gewoon. Hy is getroud en het twee kinders.
- Author(s)Jonathan Jansen,Molly Blank
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNorthcliff
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight355 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.