All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Grow in the Christian LifeBe Sure of Your SalvationNo one can grow spiritually who lacks the assurance of salvation. Feeling that you're a Christian or hoping that you're destined for Heaven will never give peace of mind that you're right with God. The Bible teaches that if you have received Jesus Christ as Savior, then you should kw that you have: Assurance of salvation. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name (John 1:12).Forgiveness of Sin. [God] hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son; in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13-14). Certainty of eternal life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may kw that ye have eternal life (1 John 5:13).If you have placed your faith entirely on Jesus Christ's death for you, then take Him at His word when he said, Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does t come into judgment, but has passedfrom death to life (John 8:24). Follow God's GuidebookThe Bible is a living book written by a loving God. In it He provides basic principles, guidance and inspiration for living.Set aside a time to read the Bible each day. Start with reading at least one chapter from the Gospel of John at a sitting. Then read Acts and Romans before returning to the other Gospels. Ask God to help you understand and obey what He teaches you.As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What are the main truths in this chapter?
- What do I learn about God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit?
- Is there an example for me to follow? A sin to avoid? A promise to claim?
- Turn from sin. As a Christian, you w have the power of God's Holy Spirit to make Christ your new Master. Christ proved that he is more powerful than sin through his resurrection, so you longer have to be mastered by sin in your life. It should be the most natural response, then, to make Christ the master of your life (Romans 12:1-2). Sure, you will still be tempted to sin, but w you have the supernatural power to resist it! Daily discover more of His power by asking God to cleanse you from sin (1 John 1:9) and empower you with His Spirit (Galatians. Victory over sinful thoughts and habits will t come automatically. Walk by faith and obedience, and you will learn how to please Him (Galatians 5:16).
- Pray often. Prayer is your lifeline to God. Talk with God throughout the day. Take all your problems to Him. He is interested in everything you do. Don't let sin discourage and defeat you. If you sin, be quick to confess and claim Christ's blood-bought forgiveness.
- Share your faith. Let those around you kw how they can find God's forgivenes
- Author(s)Good News Publishers
- PublisherGood News Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- SubjectUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Series TitleProclaiming the Gospel
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood News Publishers
- Weight91 g
- Width89 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statement25 Pamphlets
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.60Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.