All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an invative, accessible and groundbreaking guide that will change the way adults communicate with children forever. David Hemery believes that within every young person there is 'a spark of greatness' and a unique individual keen to fulfil his or her potential. Every adult is a guardian of that flame of talent. Using everyday scenarios and cartoons he introduces: EFFECTIVE QUESTIONING and ATTENTIVE LISTENING -- powerful and positive communication tools that deliver extraordinary results. Every parent, teacher and coach will recognise common pitfalls that are described with astute comment and humour. Hemery shows how easy it is to transform conflict in communication, and to encourage young people to take responsibility for their actions, develop their self-esteem and reach their true potential.
- Author BiographyDavid Hemery won an Olympic gold medal in the 400 metre hurdles in 1968. He works as a coach, teacher and performance consultant. He is also on the executive of the British Olympic Association.
- Author(s)David Hemery
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication07/07/2005
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Active
- Content Note55 illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.