All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccessible VBA coding for complex financial modelling How to Implement Market Models Using VBA makes solving complex valuation issues accessible to any financial professional with a taste for mathematics. With a focus on the clarity of code, this practical introductory guide includes chapters on VBA fundamentals and essential mathematical techniques, helping readers master the numerical methods to build an algorithm that can be used in a wide range of pricing problems. Coverage includes general algorithms, vanilla instruments, multi-asset instruments, yield curve models, interest rate exotics, and more, guiding readers thoroughly through pricing in the capital markets area. The companion website (http://implementmodinvba.com/) features additional VBA code and algorithmic techniques, and the interactive blog provides a forum for discussion of code with programmers and financial engineers, giving readers insight into the different applications and customisations possible for even more advanced problem solving. Financial engineers implement models from a mathematical representation of an asset's performance by building a program that performs a valuation of securities based on this asset. How to Implement Market Models Using VBA makes this technical process understandable, with well-explained algorithms, VBA code, and accessible theoretical explanations. * Decide which numerical method to use in which scenario * Identify the necessary building blocks of an algorithm * Write clear, functional VBA code for a variety of problems * Apply algorithms to different instruments and models Designed for finance professionals, this book brings more accurate modelling within reach for anyone with interest in the market. For clearer code, patient explanation, and practical instruction, How to Implement Market Models Using VBA is an essential introductory guide.
- Author BiographyFRANCOIS GOOSSENS has 12 years' experience of programming pricing algorithms in Java and VBA. As a consultant, he currently trains students and young practitioners in computational finance through VBA coding. Prior to that, over a 15 year period he ran interest-rates and equity related trading desks with Credit Lyonnais and Ixis whilst strongly involved in exotic derivatives' management. Francois graduated from Ecole Centrale in Paris.
- Author(s)Francois Goossens
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleThe Wiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight692 g
- Width176 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.