All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis easy to read book, along with access to five recorded meditation lessons, will prepare you to lead meditation groups for seniors, even if you have never meditated before. Meditation groups for seniors offer mental, physical, and emotional wellness. -Help to manage pain -Reduce loneliness, anxiety and stress -Increase engagement in everyday activities -Improve respiratory function -Strengthen immune response -Enhance peace and joy More seniors should have access to meditation through senior communities, home health agencies, senior centers, nursing homes, hospice homes, etc. This book will help you to lead meditation and share the benefits. Who should read this book? Anyone that works with seniors and wants to help increase their well-being. Care staff, nurses, volunteers and family members of seniors.
- Author BiographyKelly Sheets earned a Bachelor of Science from Clemson University in Recreation Therapy, 1997 and started working with seniors right out of college. Kelly has worked in acute rehab, skilled nursing, assisted living, home health, marketing and management. Along the way she became a trained yoga instructor. As the founder of the TheSpunkyCaregiver.com, Kelly believes deeply in educating, empowering and investing in the people who work with elders. She believes this not only improves the lives of elders but also improves senior communities and senior care businesses. Kelly provides resources, consulting and training programs for managers, licensed providers and direct care staff. She loves being in nature and enjoys hiking with her sweetheart, Jeff, and Ed, their big, brown dog. She is curious, loves to travel and is always reading at least three books at once. She teaches yoga to seniors and loves the awesome people it has attracted.
- Author(s)Kelly Sheets
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.