All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThinking about moving to mars? Well, why t? Mars, after all, is the planet that holds the greatest promise for human colonization. But why speculate about the possibilities when you can get the real scientific scoop from someone who s been happily living and working there for years? Straight from the t-so-distant future, this intrepid pioneer s tips for physical, financial, and social survival on the Red Planet cover: How to get to Mars (Cycling spacecraft offer cheap rides, but the smell is t for everyone.) Choosing a spacesuit (The old-fashioned but reliable pneumatic Neil Armstrong style versus the sleek new but anatomically unforgiving elastic skinsuit. ) Selecting a habitat (Just like on Earth: location, location, location.) Finding a job that pays well and doesn t kill you (This is t a metaphor on Mars.) How to meet the opposite sex (Master more than forty Mars-centric pickup lines.) With more than twenty original illustrations by Michael Carroll, Robert Murray, and other rewned space artists, How to Live on Mars seamlessly blends humor and real science, and is a practical and exhilarating guide to life on our first extraterrestrial home.
- Author BiographyROBERT ZUBRIN is a recipient of the National Space Society s prestigious Robert A. Heinlein Award and is the author of the bestselling The Case for Mars, as well as Entering Space, Energy Victory, and First Landing. He is the president of the Mars Society, an international organization committed to furthering the exploration and settlement of the Red Planet. With a doctorate in nuclear engineering and a master s in aeronautics and astronautics, Dr. Zubrin led the Mars Direct project at Martin Marietta Astronautics (later Lockheed Martin) and is the founder and president of the engineering firm Pioneer Astronautics.
- Author(s)Robert Zubrin
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.