Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from her bestselling book How to Survive Modern Art, Susie Hodge once again tackles a dauntingly complex subject: how can we evaluate, explore and respond to art? With the power to affect us all, art can be enjoyed in many different ways. Its impact can be both straightforward and unexpected. It can change our minds or our attitudes, provoke anger or shock, or make us laugh or cry. It can intimidate, disconcert, pose conundrums or puzzles, or instruct or enlighten. Ultimately, it offers a window on society's values and ideals, and every work of art expresses the perceptions and memories of the artist who created it. In her characteristically engaging style, Susie Hodge shows us how to interpret and respond to a broad variety of artwork and artists' philosophies. This ermously stimulating book enriches our experience of art, and in the process enhances our own creativity.
- Author BiographySusie Hodge is an author, art historian and artist. With over 80 books published, she also writes articles and web resources and gives workshops and lectures. She has taught in schools and colleges and contributes to radio and TV documentaries.
- Author(s)Susie Hodge
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Weight590 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.