All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever looked at a painting a just wondered what it all means? How can you distinguish the 'good' from the 'bad'? A great artist from a terrible one? Or even if it's art at all?To the average art aficionado, trying to make sense of all the various artistic movements, techniques, types and trends can be overwhelming. In this superb volume, acclaimed art writer Justin Paton takes us on a journey of artistic exploration through the centuries and across the painted world - from the luscious fruits of Caravaggio's Italy to the mysterious 'tombstones' of Japanese artist On Kawara.Whether you are a keen art collector, serious student or just visit the occasional gallery, How to Look at a Painting will open your eyes to things you've never seen before.
- Author BiographyJustin Paton is an internationally renowned art writer and the Curator of Contemporary Art at Dunedin Public Art Gallery, New Zealand.
- PrizesWinner of PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Typography 2009 and Montana New Zealand Book Awards: Lifestyle and Contemporary Culture Category 2006.
- Author(s)Justin Paton
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe Ginger Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAwa Press
- Content Note16-page full-colour insert
- Weight172 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.