All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed as a user's guide for individuals engaged in psychotherapy as well as for therapists and the general population. It endeavors to teach the reader how to embrace the so called dark emotions through a process that that the author refers to asl Integrative Mindful Exposure. The basic premise of the book is that much of human suffering and symptoms are the product of our attempts to control and avoid these difficult emotions. Methodologies to help embrace fear/anxiety, shame, and anger are offered. Personal growth and liberation requires learning tools to directly embrace these avoided experiences. Integrative Mindful Exposure is a conceptual and practical therapeutic model that the author developed over twenty years of conducting psychotherapy that integrates behavioral exposure based approaches as well as mindfulness practices. Attachment theory and findings from contemporary neuroscience are also incorporated into this model. The reader will be led on a journey deep into the layers of their emotional lives. The topography of this inner realm will be revealed as well as the fears, challenges, obstacles and opportunities that emerge as the layers of our avoided emotions are peeled back. The book also contains self-assessments, worksheets and home exercises to facilitate personal understanding and growth.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in the Bronx, New York, Jerry D. Duvinsky earned his doctorate in clinical psychology from Binghamton University. He was commissioned to coordinate a new behavioral medicine program at the West Los Angeles Veteran Affairs Medical Center. For much of his career, he has served at a private multidisciplinary behavioral health center which he cofounded and where he continues his practice. He also provides clinical supervision for psychology graduate students at Binghamton University. He has published original research and for many years he also was a reviewer for the American Journal of Psychiatry. A longtime student of Buddhist philosophy and Eastern meditation practices, he holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is married with four children.
- Author(s)Jerry D Duvinsky Ph D
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.