All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will show you how to use honey, apples, pears and garden fruits to make alcoholic and n-alcoholic drinks that you can enjoy throughout the year. There are many interesting drinks that have been lost to time, but some, such as cider, mead (which has been around since about 7000BC) and perry are reinventing themselves. This book explains where and when to find your raw materials and what sort of equipment you'll need. It includes delicious recipes that use common and less common fruits. It will also show you how to cut (expensive) corners without cutting corners on quality. Contents: About the author; Introduction; 1. The History of Brewing; 2. Apple Varieties; 3. Types of Honey; 4. Making Cider - Hawky's Way; 5. Making Scrumpy; 6. Making Your Own Infusions; 7. A Taste of the Middle East; 8. Making Perry; 9. Making Mead; 10. Making Beer; 11. Ireland on my Mind, and my Liver; 12. Making Country Wines; Index.
- Author BiographyCraig Hughes has been making fruit wines, perry and cider for a good number of years and uses his own honey to make fantastic mead.As well as being owner of and head apiarist at Crossmoor Honey, with over 30 years experience of keeping bees, he is also a qualified and classically trained chef. He is co-author of Country Skills and Crafts.
- Author(s)Craig Hughes
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight266 g
- Width151 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $14.72Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.