All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated for 2016! How to Make & Keep Friends: Tips for Kids to Overcome 50 Common Social Challenges By Nadine Briggs and Donna Shea offers social skills and friendship advice presented in a reference guide format, using lists to easily find tips and strategies on a specific topic or social situation. This is a resource for those children who benefit most from direct instruction or learn more effectively using factual materials rather than fictional stories. While the reading grade level and content is geared toward elementary school kids, many teens and adults report they are finding these tips on the basics to be helpful. Included are simple and immediately actionable tips to navigate common social situations that can be challenging, such as: -How to Join a Group -How to Safely Handle Angry Feelings -Handling Rejection and Exclusion -Working Things Out & Sharing Fairly -Being a Good Guest and Host -Playground Success -... and much more! In this updated edition, we have taken the feedback from our reviews and readers and added the why of learning each of these skills is important along with practice questions to inspire discussion and role playing of different social situations with children.
- Author BiographyDonna Shea, Director of the Peter Pan Center, and Nadine Briggs, Founder of Simply Social Kids, are passionate about helping kids make and keep friends. They have dedicated themselves to working with children who experience mild to moderate social difficulties. Donna and Nadine understand that social skills go far beyond manners and that all children can improve their relationships with peers and form true friendships. Donna and Nadine both lead community-based social groups at their centers in Massachusetts and have also formed the Social Success in School initiative. This comprehensive group of programs for students, educators, and parents is designed to foster positive social skills and interactions at school, among students to pro-actively prevent bullying before it happens. To learn more visit: www.HowToMakeAndKeepFriends.com.
- Author(s)Donna Shea,Nadine Briggs
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight225 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.47Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.