All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAn estimated 70 percent of California divorces encounter problems. This book addresses issues based on the most current law, for both respondents and petitioners. Readers learn to define strategies, protect themselves, negotiate a fair settlement, and handle the case in court. Anyone enduring a California divorce that is t going smoothly needs this book. Whether problems are mir or huge, this book shows readers how to overcome them and move their case forward. This indispensable guide includes instructions on how to plan and prepare a case, work both with and against an attorney, and on how to get the information you need. If a case ends up in court, the book shows readers what to do at trial. Also included is a CDROM with court forms that readers can fill in, along with demo versions of CalSupport and DealMaker software.
- Author BiographyEd Sherman was born in Hannibal, Missouri in 1938, graduated from Boalt Hall School of Law in 1964 and was admitted to the California Bar in 1965. He founded Nolo Press -- and the entire legal self-help movement. His books include How to Do Your Own Divorce in California, Practical Divorce Solutions, How To Do Your Own Contested Divorce in California (the title was later changed to How to Solve Divorce Problems in California), How to Do Your Own Divorce in Texas, Legal Essentials for California Couples, Make any Divorce Better, and The Couples Contract for a Lasting Relationship. For the 2016 update of How to Solve Divorce Problems in California (the 14th edition) Sherman changed the title to How to Manage a Contested Divorce in California and added two more authors (Hamid Naraghi and Bill Woodcock). In 1989 Sherman founded Divorce Helpline. Through his divorce books and software he is able to share the secrets and lessons learned from over 40 years of experience. He lives in San Luis Obispo, CA. Hamid Naraghi is the president of Divorce Helpline as well as partner in the law firm of Nader, Naraghi & Woodcock with offices in Northern and Southern California. An attorney since 1997, Hamid has gained extensive experience in civil litigation, including family law, as well as mediation and collaborative divorce. Hamid's combined background as a litigating attorney, mediator, private judge, licensed real estate broker, former police officer and licensed attorney in California and Texas provide him with a unique perspective that enables him to analyze and resolve complicated matters appropriately depending on the specific circumstances of a case. Hamid lives in Encino, CA. Bill Woodcock is vice-president of Divorce Helpline as well as a partner in the civil litigation law firm of Nader, Naraghi & Woodcock with offices in Northern and Southern California. Both an experienced mediator and an experienced litigator, Bill has argued before California Appellate Courts on international child custody disputes and Hague abduction cases, is certified as a private judge, and acts as an Arbitrator in mandatory fee arbitration cases between attorneys and clients. For many years, Bill has managed and litigated every aspect of family law issues including multimillion dollar asset disputes, business valuations, and prenuptial formation and challenges. Bill works closely with psychology professionals to address the developmental and psychological needs of children during the divorce process, an area of particular concern for him. Bill has also successfully mentored and coached many pro per litigants through the technicalities of family law litigation, from hearings all the way to trials. Bill lives in Sacramento, CA. Between them, these three authors have successfully handled over 60,000 divorce cases.
- Author(s)Bill Woodcock,Ed Sherman,Hamid Naraghi
- PublisherNolo Press Occidental
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationSanta Cruz
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNolo Press Occidental
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight699 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.