All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook & CD-ROM. Are you a whiz with numbers? Do you want to open a business where you can work from your home office, make your own hours, and be your own boss? According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual income of a bookkeeper is $30,500 and, as a business owner, you could make even more. Bookkeeping involves a keen eye for detail and an obsession for organisation. If you fit this description and you have been thinking about opening your own bookkeeping business, we have a book that will guide you through the process with ease, showing you how to operate with little start-up costs and in a minimal amount time. Whether you will be operating out of your home or you are looking to buy or rent office space, this book can help you with a wealth of start-up information, from how to form and name your business to deciding if this will be a joint venture or if you would rather work solo. Valuable information on forming a Partnership, LLC, Corporation, or becoming a Sole Proprietor, the four types of business formations, is included, and also the legal implications of each. You will find information on the software that you should make sure to buy before getting started, and also how to use the programs and the amount of money you can expect to pay. A special chapter on using QuickBooks will be included, alongside several chapters on keeping journals, counting sales, and the importance of accuracy in bookkeeping. This complete manual will arm you with everything you need, including sample business forms; contracts; worksheets and checklists for planning, opening, and running day-to-day operations; lists; plans and layouts; and dozens of other valuable, timesaving tools of the trade that business owner should be without. While providing detailed instruction and examples, the author leads you through every detail that will bring success. You will learn how to draw up a winning business plan (the companion CD-ROM has the actual business plan you can use in Microsoft Word) and about basic cost control systems, copyright and trademark issues, branding, management, legal concerns, sales and marketing techniques, and pricing formulas. You will learn how to hire and keep a qualified professional staff, meet IRS requirements, manage and train employees, generate high profile public relations and publicity, and implement low cost internal marketing ideas. You will learn how to build your business by using low and cost ways to satisfy customers, and also ways to increase sales, have customers refer others to you, and thousands of excellent tips and useful guidelines. This manual delivers invative ways to streamline your business. Learn new ways to make your operation run smoother and increase performance. Successful entrepreneurs will appreciate this valuable resource and reference it in their daily activities as a source of ready-to-use forms, Web sites, operating and cost cutting ideas, and mathematical formulas that can easily be applied to their operations. The companion CD-ROM contains all the forms in the book, and also a sample business plan you can adapt for your own use.
- Author BiographyLydia E. Clark has a Bachelor of Arts in business management. She is a notary ambassador for the state of Ohio and has volunteered for the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program.
- Author(s)Lydia E. Clark
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.