How to Open and Operate a Financially Successful Fashion Design Business by Janet Engle (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook & CD-ROM. Many designers go into other areas of the fashion industry, including: fashion buyer, fashion co-ordinator, retail store manager, and many more. You do t need to live in New York City, and you can start out small or even part time. Ralph Lauren's Polo empire was established on a small men s tie collection that he sold to Bloomingdales. Demand for fashion designers should remain strong, as consumers hungry for new fashions and apparel styles will spur the creation of new clothing and accessory lines. This book is a comprehensive and detailed study of the business side of the fashion, fashion design, and consulting business. You will learn everything from the initial design and creation to manufacturing and marketing. If you are investigating opportunities in this type of business, you should begin by reading this book, hopefully picturing yourself producing the perfect dress worn by one of Hollywood s elite. If you enjoy working with people and keeping up on the latest trends, this may be the perfect business for you. Keep in mind this business looks easy but, as with any business, looks can be deceiving. This complete manual will arm you with everything you need, including sample business forms; contracts; worksheets and checklists for planning, opening, and running day-to-day operations; lists; plans and layouts; and dozens of other valuable, timesaving tools of the trade that designer should be without. While providing detailed instruction and examples, the author leads you through every detail that will bring success. You will learn how to draw up a winning business plan (the companion CD-ROM has the actual business plan you can use in Microsoft Word) and about basic cost control systems, copyright and trademark issues, branding, management, legal concerns, sales and marketing techniques, and pricing formulas. You will learn how to set up computer systems to save time and money, how to hire and keep a qualified professional staff, how to meet IRS requirements, how to manage and train employees, how to generate high profile public relations and publicity, and how to implement low cost internal marketing ideas. You will learn how to build your business by using low and cost ways to satisfy customers, as well as ways to increase sales, have customers refer others to you, and thousands of great tips and useful guidelines. This manual delivers invative ways to streamline your business. Learn new ways to make your operation run smoother and increase performance. Successful designers will appreciate this valuable resource and reference it in their daily activities as a source of ready-to-use forms, Web sites, operating and cost cutting ideas, and mathematical formulas that can easily be applied to their operations. The companion CD-ROM contains all the forms in the book, as well as a sample business plan you can adapt for your own use.
- Author BiographyJanet Engle writes books and articles about science, business, and personal growth. She lives with her husband, two sons, two cats, and one extraordinarily hyperactive beagle. When she is not writing, she enjoys running, woodcarving, knitting, and playing the flute.
- Author(s)Janet Engle
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Notetables
- Weight496 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.84Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $80.82Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.