All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionWhether restoring an antique John Deere or new Chevy Truck, they both need the same finishing touch: a good coat of paint, both to add value to a collectors item - as it's the first thing ticed - and to protect a working vehicle. This book explains the various types of paint available, from brush-on enamel to the latest two-stage urethane. Ten chapters of expert advice cover everything needed: choosing and using a spray gun, how to set up a booth with adequate air movement, and the importance of overlapping each pass with the spray gun. The paint job itself starts with good metal preparation - which is fully explained - followed by the application of filler and the first coat of primer.All steps from bare metal to finish paint are fully explained and illustrated in easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Also included are two step-by-step paint jobs that fully illustrate every task necessary to carry out a good paint job, and advice and instruction are given on finishing touches such as roundels and logos. Suitable for the beginner, first-timer, and expert, this book can be used to obtain professional results with any tractor or truck using the automotive paints available today, and is invaluable for any tractor or truck owner.
- Author BiographyBest known for motorcycle titles like How to Build a Chopper and How to Build a Cheap Chopper, how-to-author, Tim Remus, is also the author of custom painting books like Advanced Airbrush Art and fabrication titles like Ultimate Sheet Metal Fabrication. Today the former auto mechanic runs a small publishing company, Wolfgang Publications, located in Stillwater, Minnesota. Some of his personal projects include a recently finished 250-tire Softail and an old Henry J hot rod he says may never be finished.
- Author(s)Timothy Remus
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Series TitleHow to...
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Out-of-print date07/02/2013
- Content Note351 colour illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.