How to Paint with Oils & Acrylics: Mastering the Use of Oil and Acrylic Paints with Step-by-step Techniqhes and Projects, in 200 Photographs by Hazel Harrison (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMastering the use of oil and acrylic paints with step-by-step techniques and projects, in 200 photographs. You can learn how to work with oils and acrylics with this simple step-by-step course in techniques and stylistic approaches. From getting started to achieving excellence - perfect for the beginner, as well as providing inspiration for more advanced artists. It is packed with useful advice on how to treat the classical subjects: still life, landscape, figures and portraits. More than 200 step-by-step photographs show clearly how different techniques are carried out, making it easy to achieve success. 18 inspirational and practical projects allow you to put your skills to use. Guidance to help you express your creative potential. The versatility of oils and acrylics guarantees their place as the most popular painting medium today. This book explores these media in a clear, detailed manner suitable for beginners, as well as providing ideas for artists at all stages of their craft. It forms a concise guide to all the materials, techniques and methods, and also contains a selection of projects to follow. The book covers the essentials: basic setting up and preparation, mixing the paints, and general techniques such as brushwork, knife painting, underpainting and glazing. Some specialized methods are also included, for more sophisticated effects. Throughout, lively works by contemporary artists illustrate the skills in action, and special 'focus' features cover popular subjects. The easy-to-use format makes this a handy book for any painter.
- Author BiographyHazel Harrison is a highly experienced and respected figure in the world of practical art publishing. She is an artist who has written many books. Hazel studied at the Guildford School of Art and the Royal Academy School of Painting in London, and now divides her time between writing and painting.
- Author(s)Hazel Harrison
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 200 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.