All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day around the world millions of people enter virtual worlds through video games. These games are w the fastest-growing form of entertainment - and being played by people of all ages. International communities are coming together to play, have fun and share ideas - without ever meeting. How To Play A Video Game unlocks this amazing world, giving an insight into what makes video games so fascinating and entertaining to the people who play them. The author, a game player who has turned his passion into an academic career, explores the emotions involved in playing video games, the issues that surround them, and the future of the techlogy. With games w appearing on our phones and other mobile electronic devices, is everyone going to become a gamer? Will we become happier? Brainier? Or just much busier?
- Author BiographyPippin Barr has a PhD in Computer Science from Victoria University, Wellington and is a lecturer at IT University of Copenhagen's Center for Computer Game Research, teaching video game design and programming. His articles have appeared in major journals and he writes a popular media blog. He lives in Copenhagen with his wife and fellow gaming aficionado Rilla Khaled.
- Author(s)Pippin Barr
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAwa Press
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.