How to Prevent Prostate Problems: A Complete Guide to the Essentials of Prostate Health by Frank Murray (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his latest book, Frank Murray, delves into the prostate and its potential for problems. Although prostate cancer is the third most common cancer in the United States, there is an admitted lack of clinical data available on the topic. Despite this slight drawback, however, Murray has managed to unearth valuable research material on every conceivable aspect of the prostate. This venerable author has once again accomplished what he does so well: meticulously researching and stringing together clinical studies that give scientific underpinning to the methods and treatments he espouses and putting them into a cogent, easily accessible narrative. How to Prevent Prostate Problems defines exactly what the prostate is and how it is vulnerable to such diseases as benign prostatic hyperplasia, cancer, and prostatitis, and then gives tips on how to prevent, or, if that's t an option, correctly diagse and discuss what treatments there are. As there are magic bullets, this can be tricky, so both you and your doctor need to thoroughly understand the choices for treating these maladies.To illustrate some of the methods available, Murray has included case histories of men whose various prostate conditions have been successfully treated in different ways. Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other supplements to help counter prostate irregularities are each given a comprehensive section, as are environmental hazards. The specter of vasectomies possibly causing prostate cancer is also discussed. The back of the book contains an excellent glossary of terms, a list of helpful resources, and an index.
- Author BiographyFrank Murray is Senior Editorial Advisor for Let's Live, GreatLife, Physical, and Get Active! magazines in Los Angeles. He is the author or coauthor of forty-seven books on health and nutrition, including Ampalaya: Nature's Remedy for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Natural Supplements for Diabetes. He is a member of the American Botanical Council and the New York Academy of Sciences, and lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Frank Murray
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication21/02/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight600 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.