All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- Description'The style of How to Publish Your Communication Research makes it a heartening read. Like any good self-help book it doesn't allow doubt to creep in. It's adamant that ultimately you will get published; all you have to do is understand the rules of the game, which up till w have been a closely guarded secret' - The Research Training Initiative at Birmingham Insitute of Art and Design - follow the link below to read the entire review Alison Alexander and W James Potter provide an 'insider's guide' to getting published in scholarly communication journals. In nine chapters, they and seven other distinguished journal editors explain what editors and reviewers look for when deciding which articles should be published and which should t.
- Author BiographyEducation Ph.D., (Communication) Ohio State University, 1979 M.A., (Communication) University of Kentucky, 1974 B.A., (Education) Marshall University, 1971 (Magna Cum Laude) Teaching Specialties She has taught research methods, writing, media and society, and seminars in children and television. Research Interests and Activities Her research interests are in children's television and audience research. Miscellaneous She's served as past-president of the Association for Communication Administration and past-president of the Eastern Communication Association and as Editor of the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media. W. James Potter, professor at the University of California at Santa Barbara, holds one PhD in Communication Studies and another in Instructional Technology. He has been teaching media courses for more than two decades in the areas of effects on individuals and society, content narratives, structure and economics of media industries, advertising, journalism, programming, and production. He has served as editor of the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media and is the author of many journal articles and books, including the following: Media Effects, The 11 Myths of Media Violence, Becoming a Strategic Thinker: Developing Skills for Success, On Media Violence, Theory of Media Literacy: A Cognitive Approach, and How to Publish Your Communication Research (with Alison Alexander).
- Author(s)Alison F. Alexander,W. James Potter
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.