All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you want to raise one cow or own a larger herd, the expert advice in this hands-on guidebook details all aspects of raising dairy or beef cattle. Whether your goal is to raise one cow or to own a larger herd of dairy or beef cattle, the expert advice in this hands-on guidebook will tell you all you need to kw. How to Raise Cattle guides readers through beef and dairy operations from beginning to end, sharing valuable information about facilities, enclosures, breeds, production systems, stocking guidelines, feeding, reproduction, nutrient management, husbandry, marketing, milk, and exit strategies. With more than 200 color photographs, the book covers conventional, sustainable, and organic farming practices to detail all aspects of cattle farming for anyone interested in raising their own herds. Easy-to-follow advice helps you to: * Choose and buy the cattle suitable for you * House and feed cattle * Manage your herd and keep it healthy * Breed your herd * Deliver and raise calves * Show cattle at fairs and club meets This comprehensive look at the life of a cattle rancher, reviewed and approved by Dr. Clint Rusk (Purdue University Associate Professor in the Youth Development and Agriculture Education Department), will give you the tools you need to succeed in a challenging but rewarding business. With step-by-step photos, worksheets, and a list of available resources, How to Raise Cattle will help you and your cattle enjoy health and prosperity.
- Author BiographyPHILLIP HASHEIDERis a fifth-generation farmer raising pasture-grazed beef with his wife and two children in south central Wisconsin. He wrote Voyageur Press' How to Raise Cattle; How to Raise Pigs; The Complete Book of Butchering, Smoking, Curing, and Sausage Making; and The Hunter's Guide to Butchering, Smoking, and Curing Wild Game and Fish.
- Author(s)Philip Hasheider
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note200 colour illustrations, 10 diagrames
- Weight567 g
- Width184 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Updated ed
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.