All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGoats have been used for their dairy products for hundreds of years, providing a wide array of milk, butter, yoghurt, and cheeses that provide the unique flavours that make Mediterranean cuisine so special. For those who are interested in raising their own dairy goats so they can take advantage of the milk products provided, it is important to first of all learn everything possible about dairy goats, from what they eat to how they breed and how to cultivate and harvest the milk when the time comes. This book provides every detail you could possible need to become a dedicated or hobbyist dairy goat breeder and farmer. You will learn how goats are raised for different purposes, including as dairy goats, fibre goats, and as a means to maintain property. You will learn how to select the right breed of goat and how to kw what to look for in a specific goat. You will also learn about how to start the process of breeding goats, including the care for the mother, separation of the father, and the necessary care for the kid once it is born. You will learn how to properly house goats and what they require from you to remain healthy and happy, both in their feed and their space. Expert goat farmers have been interviewed and have provided their insight and expertise on the topic, building a collection of insights of tips and tricks about raising dairy goats. You will learn how to care for your dairy goats and what special treatment or care they require from you. You will also learn what you need to provide for the dairy goats to produce as much milk as possible. Finally, you will learn how to gather the milk from the dairy goats and how to both process and sell it to maintain your business. For anyone who has ever been interested in raising goats for dairy production, this guide will offer you everything you need.
- Author BiographyMartha Maeda is a freelancer, ghostwriter, and author of more than 20 books including The Complete Guide to Green Building and Remodeling Your Home, Basic Guide to Investing in ETFs, How to Wipe Out Student Loans, How to Solar Power Your Home, How to Open & Operate a Financially Successful Independent Record Label, and 101 Sunday School Activities on a Tiny Budget. She is passionate about helping people who might not otherwise become authors to self-publish their work and discover their writing potential. She currently lives with her family in Orlando, Florida.
- Author(s)Martha Maeda
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.