All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGarden visiting has never been more popular but t many of us understand what we are looking at when strolling through a beautiful garden - are we looking at an original landscaped sit or a re-creation? Is the planting matter authentic or made up of modern hybrids? Are the steps and terracing in the Italianate style or are they Arts and Crafts? The truth is that most gardens of any age are like a palimpsest: successive generations have changed and influenced the soft and hard fabric of the place over time. Inevitably many of the gardens we wander through today are an amalgam of changing fashions and circumstance. How to Read Gardens provides the reader with all the kwledge he or she needs to tease out the clues that will tell the complete story of a garden's past. From the grandest estate to the smallest suburban plot, this book will enliven and inform every visit.
- Author BiographyLorraine Harrison has a masters degree in Garden History from the University of London and has written several books on the subject. When not tending her own plot, she enjoys other people's gardens whether, large, small, grand or humble.
- Author(s)Lorraine Harrison
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note500+, full colour throughout
- Width135 mm
- Height165 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.