All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book narrates the evolution of textile pattern through the history of manmade design. It studies the decorative art of pattern across a range of cultural aesthetics embracing Egyptian, Greek and Roman motifs, Asian and Middle Eastern as well as Western designs from medieval times up to the present. The chapters are thematic and include geometric, floral, natural forms, and abstract patterns. Each subject is broken down into chrology and region to explore the contrasts and repetition within each thematic chapter. All in all, this is an excellent pocket guide to the subject of textile patterns.
- Author BiographyClive Edwards is a Reader in the History of Art and Design at Loughborough University. His special fields of expertise are Furniture and Design. He is the author of a number of other books and he is a frequent contributor to various design journals.
- Author(s)Clive Edwards
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHerbert Press Ltd
- Content Note575, full colour throughout
- Weight398 g
- Width135 mm
- Height165 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.