Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionWhat exactly is the solar system? We've all learned the basics at school but do we really understand what we are seeing in the night sky? Expert astromers Chris North and Paul Abel provide a fascinating guided tour of our solar system and explain its many wonders. They look at all the major players, including our more familiar cosmic neighbors-the Sun, the planets and their moons-as well as the occasional visitors to our planet-asteroids, meteors and comets-in addition to distant stars and what might lie beyond our solar system, including the mysterious Earth Mark II. North and Abel recount the history of how our solar system came to be, and the myths that once shaped astromy. Through their cogent explanations of the latest scientific discoveries, they reveal how any amateur astromer can view and interpret the solar system and enrich their understanding of our universe.
- Author BiographyPaul G. Abel is a British astronomer, mathematician, broadcaster and writer. Currently, he is based in the Centre for Interdisciplinary Science in the department of Physics & Astronomy at the University of Leicester where he teaches Mathematics. He is a presenter for the BBC's The Sky at Night program and has written for many popular astronomy magazines, focusing on how amateur astronomers can contribute to the field. Dr. Brian May, founding member of Queen, has a PhD in Astronomy and is the co-author of Bang! The Complete History of the Universe and The Cosmic Tourist Chris North is a professor at Cardiff University and received his doctorate from Oxford. He is part of BBC Televisions popular series The Sky at Night, and works on two astronomical satellites: the European Space Agency's Herschel and Planck missions. He lives in Wales.
- Author(s)Brian May,Paul Abel
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication04/04/2017
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byChris North
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.