All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI found this book brilliant, I had never undertaken anything like a dissertation before and this book had everything in it that I needed to kw. It is written in 'simple English' which is a bonus as some books are just too hard to understand. Everything you need to kw about writing your dissertation is in here. I would recommend this book to all levels. *****Review of the third edition from Amazon.co.uk How to Research is a bestselling, practical book that reassures the first time researcher by leading them systematically through the whole research process; from the initial meetings with a supervisor to critically evaluating their ideas, doing the research and finally writing up the project. The book includes vignettes to help readers relate to research examples and provides both methodological and process information. New features in this edition include: Additional coverage on literature reviews New material on changes in research ethics More detailed information on the use of diaries, internet ethgraphies and visual methods Increased coverage of mixed methodologiesHow to Research 4e is an ideal resource for the first-time researcher doing a small-scale research project in the social sciences whether they are at university or in the workplace. It supports its readers as they develop their skills to become more experienced researchers.
- Author BiographyLoraine Blaxter and Christina Hughes are both based at the University of Warwick. Loraine is a Research Associate in the Institute of Health, School of Health and Social Studies and Christina is a Professor within the Department of Sociology. Christina is editor of a further book from Open University Press, Disseminating Qualitative Research (2003). Malcolm Tight is a Professor in the Department of Educational Research at Lancaster University. He is author of two other recently published books by Open University Press, The Development of Higher Education in the UK since 1945 (2009) and Researching Higher Education (2003).
- Author(s)Christina Hughes,Loraine Blaxter,Malcolm Tight
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.