All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCEDRIC DEAN is a leader, an educator, and sometimes even a psychologist, but most of all, he is a mentor, motivating the misguided with the same sizzling enthusiasm that allowed him to transform from a gangster to a genius. Growing up in Charlotte N.C., he had aspirations of being a thug, but after regimented years of learning, labor and loneliness, he preserved. Now he offers the lessons he learned on his voyage from criminal to catalyst in this inspiring book. How to Save Our Children from Crime, Drugs and Violence is the essential blueprint for saving America's children from the curse of criminality. Cedric begins by outlining what it takes to rescue our children: reason, restraint and resolve. The goal isn't just to save one, but one million. We are the ones who get children to sell drugs, rob and kill, and we can get them to stop. Cedric often tells Federal Prisoners. Cedric Dean's personal and prison experiences shed light on critical lessons, rousing readers just as he roused correctional staff and inmates at his Leaders Breed Leaders seminars. His transformational message is for anyone looking for the solution to save our children from crime, drugs and violence, and more - anyone looking to make a difference in a world gone wild.
- Author BiographyCedric Dean was born in Charlotte, N.C., on June 14, 1972. At 13 years old, Cedric was rebirthed into a new world of crime, drugs and violence. He was a middle school student from a middle urban class neighborhood. His single-parent Christian mother took him to church, taught him right from wrong, but only God knew he was already gone. He was already one of Charlotte's most notorious thugs. By age 16, Cedric had been arrested multiple times for armed robberies and shootings. He was sent to prison for 66 months. Eleven months after his release in 1994, he was charged in a six count Federal indictment for Conspiracy to Distribute Crack Cocaine. He was convicted of the charges and sentenced to Life plus 5 years. Living to die, Cedric underwent disciplined years of education, edification and elevation. He denounced crime, drugs and violence and dedicated his life to helping save the 9 to 15 million at risk youth in America. He has received much acclaim for his gang and violence prevention work - including letters of praise from correctional staff. Cedric became an accomplished author, publishing five books: most notably: How to Stop Your Children From Going to Prison and Leaders Breed Leaders. His forthcoming book: How to Save Our Children From Crime, Drugs and Violence is an intervention and prevention curriculum for parents, preachers, professors, politicians and police officials throughout America. Additionally, Cedric will be publishing a Protocol for Saving At Risk Youth which provides step-by-step instructions for how America can save its at risk youth - street by street, zone by zone, state by state. Also, he is close to completing a manifesto for saving abused children: A national solution for child victimization. In September 2009, Cedric received a sentence reduction for his positive adjustment and pursuant to changes in the sentencing guidelines for crack offenders. Cedric needs the support of all Americans to reach the at risk youth who are on a trajectory of marginalized lives and premature death and incarceration. To schedule an interview with Cedric contact him via his website: www.cedricdean.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Cedric Dean
- Date of Publication27/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.