All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYOU CAN DO IT! What if you could design, layout, and format your own book and then convert it to PDF and publish it, all at little or cost? This book and a self-publishing firm such as CreateSpace can make this happen! If you are tired of getting your book proposals rejected by traditional publishers, here, at last, is a solution that will make your failed dreams come true. This one-of-a-kind book offers highly detailed, technically precise instructions that will lead you through the entire process of designing & formatting your book to your self-publisher's specifications. You will learn how to organize & configure your book's elements as per The Chicago Manual of Style. You will find out how to insert 300 dpi images into your book's pages. You will master the difficult processes of inserting & unlinking section breaks and of inserting header text & page numbers. And, you will actually learn how to design & format a cover for your book. YOU CAN DO IT! What are you waiting for?
- Author BiographyIn 1947, Edwin began his education at Rice Institute (now Rice University), pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering. After spending 23 years in the electronics industry (16 years with Texas Instruments), he decided to change careers. To prepare himself to enter the field of Christian Education, Edwin earned a BS degree in Biblical Education and a MA degree in Adult & Continuing Education, both obtained while working full time to support his family. In 1978, Edwin joined the faculty of the Dallas Bible College. He served there as Assistant to the President (writing proposals to gain grants from various foundations), as a classroom teacher (of writing and church publicity), and as an administrator and developer of Bible courses and study guides for the college's External Studies Department. These experiences and his previous work in electronics and technical writing have equipped Edwin to write this book. Since 1961, Edwin has lived in Richardson, Texas with Alma, his wife of 61 years.
- Author(s)Edwin Scroggins
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.