All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential guide for every kind of artist that teaches them how to skip the gallery system, find their niche, and connect directly with collectors to profitably sell their art. For years, galleries have acted as gatekeeper separating artists and collectors. But with the explosion of the Internet, a new generation of savvy, independent artists is connecting with buyers and making a substantial living doing what they love. How to Sell Your Art Online shows any artist how to make a successful living from their work. Cory Huff dispels the myth of the starving artist and provides the effective business strategies necessary to make artistic creations pay. He helps individual artists find their niche; outlines the elements essential for an effective website; and provides invaluable advice on e-mail marketing, blogging, social media marketing, and paid advertising-explaining how to tie all these online activities into offline success. Most importantly, he shares the secret to overcoming the biggest challenge artists face when self-marketing: learning how to tell their unique stories. Every artist has a reason for making art, but can't always find the right way to express it. Huff provides exercises artists can use to clarify the intellectual and emotional process behind their art, and teaches them how turn that kwledge into stories they can tell online and in person-and expand their reach through blogs and social media to build their art business. Drawing from the stories of successful artists, thoroughly describing how art is sold today, and providing tips on how to build connections personally and electronically, How to Sell Your Art Online illustrates the countless ways artists can take control of their creative careers-and sell their work without selling out.
- Author BiographyCory Huff is the founder TheAbundantArtist.com, a website that teaches artists how to treat their art career like a business. He has worked in digital marketing strategy for various technology start-ups, and has consulted on technology and marketing strategy for some of the world's largest brands, including MTV, Universal Music, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Rodale, and others. He received his BFA from the University of Utah, and lives in Portland, Oregon, with his wife.
- Author(s)Cory Huff
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width152 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.