All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a corner of the garage set up for routine maintenance to a dream shop housing precious classic machines, this book will help you to make the most of your space. Packed with easy-to-read practical advice, author C G Masi walks the reader through designing, building, and equipping the workshop you need -- whether you plan to restore, repair, and maintain your own bikes or hope to open a small commercial facility. The book starts by helping readers to determine their work space and storage needs and create a shop layout that matches their budget. The author then addresses basics such as providing adequate electrical power, lighting, and heat and air conditioning. With the workshop design in place, Masi helps readers identify the must-have and want-to-have tools to appropriately equip the space. This new third edition of the book includes profiles of real world workshops, from small garage spaces to purpose-built restoration and race-prep shops, and features a new comprehensive and up-to-date directory of resources for equipment, tools, computers, battery powered tools, and energy saving tips. Colour photographs and illustrations bring the subject alive.
- Author BiographyIn addition to working as a college professor, scientist, and engineer, Masi has been wrenching on riding, and writing about motorcycles for three decades. He holds a B.S. degree in Physics and Masters Degrees in Astrophysics and Business Administration. His writing credits include Motorcycle Tour & Travel magazine and he is a regular contributor to Research & Development magazine. Masi currently lives in Aurora, Illinois.
- Author(s)C. G. Masi
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication23/03/2010
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note200 colour photos & illus
- Weight624 g
- Width265 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.