All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book straddles the border between linguistics and philosophy to address, on a sound interdisciplinary basis, the narrative-theoretical issue of proximal vs. distal stance adoption. In languages with grammaticalized evidential systems, the epistemological structure of discourse underlying perspectival oppositions is heavily dependent on the self-expression of language-using personae and must thereby be inferred from a well-defined set of surface markers. For that matter, the book provides an in-depth formal semantic account of tense, aspect and Aktionsart, supported by the cognitive processes inherent in eventuality-description types.
- Author BiographyRui Linhares-Dias, Universidade dos Acores,Ponta Delgada, Azores Archipelago, Portugal.
- Author(s)Rui Linhares-Dias
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- Series TitleTrends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TILSM]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 155
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note78 black & white illustrations, 78 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight1085 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.