All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFor those who grew up around hockey, it's easy to understand a sentence like, He let loose a howitzer from the hash marks, roofing the puck past the stunned netminder. But for those who have idea what that means, How to Speak Hockey provides a unique look into Canada's ufficial third language. Even lifelong lovers of the game might just learn a thing or two: - Many hockey fans kw about the five hole, but few kw that there are seven holes in total - Before the humble rubber puck, people used strange round balls called road apples - Learn the strange and unique origins of common phrases including stood on his head and hat trick - Find out exactly what is meant when a player dipsy doodles through traffic and breaks the ice - In hockey, sometimes a hot dog is t just something you get at the concession stand - Fighting has always been a part of hockey, so it's t surprising that there are so many words to describe it, from a word as incent as dance to the biggest fight in hockey the bench-clearing brawl. For all those wannabe hockeyists or lifelong rink rats out there, game on!
- Author(s)Brian Kennedy,David John
- PublisherArctic Raven Publishing Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationBC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArctic Raven Publishing Ltd.
- Weight150 g
- Width55 mm
- Height209 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.