All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo those who don't speak it, the language of money can seem impenetrable and its ideas too complex to grasp. How to Speak Money is acclaimed writer John Lanchester's entertaining and informative attempt to bridge the gap between the money people and the rest of us.With characteristic wit and candor ( wickedly funny --Dwight Garner, New York Times ), Lanchester shows how the world of finance and ecomics really works--from the terms and conditions of your personal checking account to the evasions of bankers appearing in front of Congress. How to Speak Money reveals how the language of money is often a tool to conceal and mislead; he explains hundreds of common ecomic terms, from GDP to the IMF, amortization and securitization to collateralized debt obligation; and he argues that we all need to speak money lest those who do write the financial rules for themselves.
- Author BiographyJohn Lanchester is the author of three novels, including The Debt to Pleasure and Capital, and well as I.O.U., a book on the financial crisis. He is a regular contributor to The New Yorker and The New York Review of Books and was awarded the 2008 E.M. Forster Award. He lives in London.
- Author(s)John Lanchester
- PublisherGildan Media Corporation
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGildan Media Corporation
- Weight200 g
- Width145 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read bySean Pratt
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time600
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $40.96
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.