All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a five-year study conducted by Church Growth, Inc. (Monrovia, Calif.), Charles Arn suggests that perhaps one-half of the churches in the United States should consider starting a new worship service immediately. Research of hundreds of churches that added new services to their existing programs showed that this is perhaps the single most effective way for a congregation to grow and reach new people. And for Arn, that is the fulfillment of what ought to be the most important goal for any church--reaching the unreached. The adjective new is, according to Arn, an important one. The key to growth is for churches to broaden their appeal beyond their current membership base by adding worship services that are substantially different. Readers will find useful guidelines and practical examples that illustrate methods successfully adopted in a number of churches as well as pitfalls that can be avoided. Both clergy and lay leaders will profit from the wealth of information presented here as they begin the planning process, gather support among congregational leaders, determine their target audience, and hold their first services.
- Author BiographyCharles Arn is president of Church Growth, Inc., and editor of The Growth Report. In addition to having written numerous other books, including Catch the Age Wave, he has taught at several seminaries and conducted seminars for churches and pastors across the nation. He is a graduate of Seattle Pacific University and holds a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
- Author(s)Charles Arn
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.