Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.22+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a bite-sized guide to making change happen and the story behind the No More Page 3 campaign, written by its founder. Change doesn't just happen. It starts with the idea that something could be different, could be better. It starts with a person who is brave eugh to stand up and say, 'Stop.' This is what Lucy-Anne Holmes did when she wrote a letter to the editor of The Sun asking him to stop printing pictures of topless women on Page 3 of the paper. This was something that had been happening for forty five years but which - she suddenly realised - she found outdated and inappropriate and, after thinking about it, t unrelated to a lot of the bad things that happen to women. Launching a digital campaign, starting an online petition and recruiting a team of like-minded people, Lucy-Anne started a revolution. Hundreds of thousands of people signed the petition, wore the campaign t-shirt and dared to say #NoMorePage3. Lucy-Anne had never campaigned on anything before. She wasn't particularly political. She'd never been confrontational. But she found that you only need one thing to start a campaign - and it isn't cash, experience or even a thick skin. It's passion. If you have a desire to change something, read what Lucy-Anne has to say. She's been there, done that, worn the t-shirt and come out the other side having made a difference in the world.
- Author BiographyLucy-Anne Holmes founded the No More Page 3 campaign in 2012. She is also an actress and writer. She has written four fiction novels, 50 Ways to Find a Lover, The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend and (Un)like a Virgin Her latest novel, Just A Girl, Standing in Front of A Boy is nominated forBest Romantic Comedy Novel at the Romantic Novelists Awards.
- Author(s)Lucy-Anne Holmes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight46 g
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $101.00Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.