All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Store Your Garden Produce -- the key to self-sufficiency is the modern guide to storing and preserving your garden produce, enabling you to eat home-grown goodness all year round. The easy to use reference section provides applicable storage and preservation techniques for the majority of plant produce grown commonly in gardens and allotments. Why is storing your garden produce the key to self-sufficiency? Because with less than an acre of garden you can grow eugh produce to feed a family of four for a year, but as much of the produce will ripen simultaneously in the summer, without proper storage most of it will go to waste and you'll be off to the supermarket again. Learn simple and enjoyable techniques for storing your produce and embrace the wonderful world of self-sufficiency. In the A-Z list of produce, each entry includes recommended varieties, suggested methods of storage and a number of recipes. Everything from how to make your own cider and pickled gerkhins to how to string onions and dry your own apple rings. You will kw where your food has come from, you will save money, there will be packaging and you'll be eating tasty local food whilst feeling very good about it.
- Author BiographyPiers Warren grows all manner of fruit and vegetables in his garden and greenhouse. As well as being an author of several books and many magazine articles, he also teaches wildlife film-making. He is very experienced in running a smallholding and is keen to promote organic principles, sustainability and green thinking. He lives near Norwich.
- Author(s)Piers Warren
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication17/03/2008
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Note8pp colour plates
- Weight304 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Winn,Tessa Pettingell
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.