All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionOver a million students have transformed adequate work into academic achievement with this best-selling text. HOW TO STUDY IN COLLEGE sets students on the path to success by helping them build a strong foundation of study skills, and learn how to gain, retain, and explain information. Based on widely tested educational and learning theories, HOW TO STUDY IN COLLEGE teaches study techniques such as visual thinking, active listening, concentration, te taking, and test taking, while also incorporating material on vocabulary building. Questions in the Margin, based on the Cornell Note Taking System, places key questions about content in the margins of the text to provide students with a means for reviewing and reciting the main ideas. Students then use this technique--the Q-System--to formulate their own questions. The Eleventh Edition maintains the straightforward and traditional academic format that has made HOW TO STUDY IN COLLEGE the leading study skills text in the market.
- Author BiographyA true pioneer in the field of study skills, Dr. Walter Pauk has been dispensing common-sense advice to students for more than half a century. Pauk led the way in advocating the now popular wide margin note-taking strategy commonly known as the Cornell System. A licensed psychologist and trusted teacher, Pauk was director of the Reading-Study Center at Cornell University, where he earned his PhD in Psychology and Education and remains Professor Emeritus. He is the author of more than 100 books. A long-time collaborator with Dr. Walter Pauk, Ross Owens earned his BA cum laude in English and film at Carleton College and did graduate work in film at the University of Iowa and the University of Maryland, where he also taught film history, filmmaking, and public speaking. Since first teaming with Dr. Pauk in 1982, Owens has contributed to a number of books on reading and study skills. In addition, he has written numerous articles on Internet-related topics and is an accomplished computer programmer.
- Author(s)Ross J.Q. Owens,Walter Pauk
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width216 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.