All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
About this product
- DescriptionFor substitute teachers, virtually every day is the first day of school - new students, new room, new routines, and often a new school building as well. How to Succeed as a Substitute Teacher targets a special audience of educators who regularly walk into brand new classrooms and who must quickly establish a climate for student learning to deliver instruction that will meet established curriculum standards. Cicely Anne Rude focuses on providing short, clear, practical, well-organized, and top-tch guidance for the substitute teacher. The book covers: school and classroom procedures; teaching tips for before, during, and after class; eight key tips for classroom management; 'What Would You Do' practice scenarios with multiple solutions; and professional topics (permits, pay, networking, and more). This guidebook is ideal for practitioners who take pride in being excellent substitute teachers and for educators who hire, train, and supervise them.
- Author BiographyCicely A. Rude teaches in the Benerd School of Education at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California. She earned her Master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. In addition to working as a public school substitute teacher for two years, her diverse experiences include teaching English in Japan, teaching adult English as a Second Language (ESL), and teaching linguistics. As the author of numerous newspaper and academic journal articles on the subject of education, as well as resource materials for teachers, Ms. Rude has presented teacher education workshops for organizations including California Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (CATESOL), the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program, and the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco. Ms. Rude also spends time coordinating the website www.eigo-to-go.com. Operated by volunteers, the website provides information, advice, and answers to questions on the subject of teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language.
- Author(s)Cicely A. Rude
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.