All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter years of preparation and anticipation, many students arrive at college without any real kwledge of the ins and outs of college life. They've been focused on finding the right school and have been carefully guided through the nuances of the admissions process, but too often they have little kwledge about how college will be different from high school or what will be expected of them during that crucial first year and beyond. Written by an award-winning teacher, How to Succeed in College (While Really Trying) provides much-needed help to students, offering practical tips and specific study strategies that will equip them to excel in their new environment. Drawing on years of experience teaching at a variety of campuses, from large research universities to small liberal arts colleges, Jon B. Gould gives readers the lay of the land and demystifies the college experience. In the course of the book, students will learn how to identify the best instructors, how to choose classes and settle on a major, how to develop effective strategies for reading and te taking, and how to write good papers and successfully complete exams. Because much of the college experience takes place outside of the classroom, Gould also advises students on how to effectively manage their co curricular activities, work obligations, and free time, as well as how to take advantage of the typically untapped resources on every campus. With candid advice and insights from a seasoned insider, this guide will leave students better prepared t only to succeed in college but to enjoy it as well.
- Author BiographyJon B. Gould is professor in the Department of Justice, Law and Society at the Washington College of Law at American University, where he is also director of the Washington Institute for Public and International Affairs Research. He is the author of Speak No Evil: The Triumph of Hate Speech Regulation and The Innocence Commission: Preventing Wrongful Convictions and Restoring the Criminal Justice System, the former published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Jon B. Gould
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note1 line drawing, 2 tables
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.