All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic handbook for launching and sustaining a career that explodes the romantic tion of the starving artist, with new and expanded resources for succeeding in the burgeoning Internet art market (The New York Times) Now in its fifth edition, with over 85,000 copies of previous editions sold, How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist is the preeminent guide to taking control of your career and making a good living in the art world. Drawing on over two decades of experience, Caroll Michels walks artists through the complicated process of balancing grants, gallery representation, private dealer sales, and a personal studio to ensure a public profile and a steady income. Included is a wealth of insider's information on getting into a gallery, being your own PR agent, and negotiating prices, as well as invative marketing, exhibition, and sales opportunities for various art disciplines. The new edition is fully updated with strategies for using the Web--everything from generating income through freelance work, to creating an entrepreneurial web site for promoting work to agents and clients, to assessing online galleries. An expanded and updated appendix adds more than 200 new resources such as Web designers, insurance and legal services for artists, internships, art colonies, and corporate and public art programs.
- Author BiographyCaroll Michels, a successful sculptor, is a career coach who has worked with thousands of artists since 1978. She lives in East Hampton, New York.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement5th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.