All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the terrifying, chaotic night of April 14, 1912, while the Titanic was sinking, Bruce J. Ismay, the ship's owner, made a decision that would save his life - and end it. Ismay boarded a lifeboat meant for women and children, and within days became The Most Talked-of Man in the World. Branded a coward, he became a flesh-and-blood embodiment of Joseph Conrad's legendary eponymous character, Lord Jim. How to Survive the Titanic interweaves numerous historical accounts and sources with insights drawn from Conrad's vels. Unlike other survivors, this pivotal figure never again spoke about the Titanic. This intriguing history offers a sympathetic yet clear eyed explanation why - important lessons all of us need to survive the tragedies and choices of our own lives.
- Author BiographyFrances Wilson was educated at Oxford University and lectured in nineteenth and twentieth century English Literature for fifteen years before becoming a full time writer. Her books include Literary Seductions: Compulsive Writers and Diverted Readers and The Ballad of Dorothy Wordsworth, which won the British Academy Rose Mary Crawshay Award. She reviews widely in the British press, and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. She divides her time between London and Normandy. READER BIO Robin was born ans raised in London, England, and studied acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). After RADA, Robin spent time performing everything from Shakespeare to Tom Stoppard and touring various parts of the known world. His British TV appearances include Brideshead Revisited, Upstairs Downstairs, and Rumpole of the Bailey. He is probably best known in America for his role on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as well as being in several films.
- Author(s)Frances Wilson
- PublisherDreamscape Media
- Date of Publication11/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDreamscape Media
- Weight59 g
- Width168 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byRobin Sachs
- Format DetailsMP3 format
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.60Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.