All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Looks in detail at the theory of words and at how students learn new vocabulary * Offers practical advice on how to help students build vocabulary in new and effective ways and how to test students' word kwledge * Major developments, such as language corpora and lexical approaches, are clearly explained and related to your needs as a teacher The Task File develops a teacher's skill in identifying parts of speech including lexical fields, word families, etc. to build more confidence in teaching and explaining words and their use.
- Author BiographyScott Thornbury is from New Zealand originally but he started his teaching career in the UK in 1975. Since then he has lived and worked in both Egypt and Spain, teaching, training teachers, and writing materials. In 1991 Scott did an MA in TEFL at the University of Reading. He has written a number of books about language teaching (including How to Teach Grammar and How to Teach Vocabulary), as well as lots of articles for journals and magazines (such as Modern English Teacher and English Teaching Professional). Scott has also given conference presentations at conferences in six different continents. At present Scott lives in Barcelona.
- Author(s)Scott Thornbury
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication18/02/2002
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleHow to...
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width191 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.