Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionBest kwn as the creator of the world's most famous equation, E=mc2, Albert Einstein's theories of relativity challenged centuries of received wisdom dating back to Newton. Without his groundbreaking work in relativity and quantum physics, our kwledge of the cosmos might lag decades behind where it is today. But Einstein was t only an extraordinary scientific thinker. He was a humanitarian who detested war and tried to stem the proliferation of hitherto unimaginably destructive weapons that his work had in part made possible. He spent a lifetime fighting authoritarianism and promoting personal freedom, selflessly standing up to those who posed a threat to those ideals. He was also a bona fide superstar and was instantly recognizable to millions who had t the least understanding of the intricacies of his scientific theories. Even w, the image of the tussled-hair 'mad professor' poking his tongue out at the camera is familiar across the globe. In How to Think Like Einstein, you can explore his unique approach to solving the great scientific mysteries of his age and trace the disparate ideas and influences that helped shape his personality and outlook - for better and worse.
- Author BiographyDaniel Smith is a non-fiction author and editor who has written across a range of subjects, including politics, economics and social history. He is the author of the 'How to Think Like...' series for Michael O'Mara Books. He is also a long-time contributor to The Statesman's Yearbook, the geo-political guide to the world that celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2013. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Daniel Smith
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/12/2016
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.