All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnleash your puppy's potential How to Train a Superpuppy offers a complete care programme telling you everything you need to kw about house training, socialisation, feeding, exercising and vaccinating so that you can raise a healthy, happy puppy. Helpful advice is also given on choosing the right breed for your family. Leading puppy trainer and behaviourist Gwen Bailey pioneers a uniquely holistic, natural and positive approach to understanding puppy behaviour and the step-by-step photography (including 'puppy-eye' views) helps explain basic obedience training more clearly than ever before. Plus the special games and activities make How to Train a Superpuppy accessible for all members of the family so everyone can play a part in raising the perfect puppy.
- Author BiographyGwen Bailey worked for a leading UK national animal welfare charity from 1988 to 2002 and pioneered the use of dog behavior therapy in training and evaluating unwanted animals for adoption. She was the first person in the UK to be appointed by a national animal welfare charity as a full-time animal behaviorist, eventually heading a team of experts on dog behavior. Gwen has successfully solved behavioral problems in thousands of adopted dogs, preventing dogs with such problems from being passed from home to home and improving the adoption success rate. Gwen lectures at national and international conferences, runs training courses for staff at animal shelters around the world, and has written 12 books, including Puppy School: 7 Steps to the Perfect Puppy, which has sold over 140,000 copies worldwide, and education leaflets. She is a Trustee for Battersea Dogs and Cats Home. Gwen is now working on a new initiative to prevent behavior problems among puppies and to encourage friendly, well-behaved dogs for the future. Called Puppy School, it aims to set up a network of professional, well-trained dog behavior tutors across the UK.Learn more about Gwen's efforts here: http://www.puppyschool.co.uk.
- Author(s)DK,Gwen Bailey
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width198 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.